[Seaside] Association Matcher - Different behaviours in different browsers

Mart-Mari Breedt breedt_m at aircom.co.za
Tue Sep 5 09:58:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am playing with a little scriptaculous component I called Accociation
Matcher for now.

The idea is to drag item from the left list onto items in the right list
and then the association should be displayed on the far-right list. You
can then drag associations onto the trach-can to remove them.

I initialize it as such:

matcher := DsAssociationMatcher new
	list1: (1 to: 5);
	list1Heading: 'Left';
	list2: ($A to: $D);
	list2Heading: 'Right';
	associationHeading: 'Left -> Right';
	yourself.

With styles (I hope it is all of them):

.holder {text-align:center;border:1px solid #999999}
.acceptor {text-align:center;width:100%;border:1px dashed
#999999;background-color:#F7F7EF}
.acceptorHover {width:100%;background-color:#999999}
.item {cursor:move}
.trashHover {padding:3px 0 0 3px}

This little component seems to give no problems in Firefox, but when I
use it in IE I get an "error on page" after the first drop into the
trash-can and then an attempt to drag from left to right again. In Opera
I get no errors, but when dragging from left to right I get a ghost
trial that remains after update.

Maybe someone gan give me a couple of pointers as to what I might be
doing wrong?

Thank you,

Mart-Mari