[Seaside] Amazon EC2

Bob Houston bobh at agents.com
Wed Sep 6 22:12:20 UTC 2006

Yes, I agree.   A database hosted elsewhere might be the simplest
solution.   Of course, an open-source object DB would be nice to
use.  I'm curious if this might be an acceptable use for a GOODS
database?  Is the GOODS "replication support" applicable here?  My
thought is that we could use GOODS to run a primary server in our EC2
instance, with a replicated server on a real host somewhere.  Or
perhaps the other way around, with a real host running the primary
server?   This way a real host machine will have a current copy of
the data, and can be used to "seed" the EC2 instance at startup.
Comments?

If GOODS is not the way to go, what other databases do you suggest.
The goal is to have a local cache of the data in the EC2 instance
(for performance), with a replica of the data on a real host (for
persistence).