[Seaside] Amazon EC2

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Thu Sep 7 11:37:47 UTC 2006

On 9/7/06, Jason Johnson <jbjohns at libsource.com> wrote:
> My only nit-pick would be that you're being a bit optimistic about the
> DNS.  Afaik most or all of the ISP's hard code the TTL's to at least 48
> hours, so whatever you set isn't going to even be looked at.

How do the various dynamic name services work if that's the case?
These are the services that give you a domain name and you run a
client program on your machine that notifies their servers that your
ip has changed. That seems to happen pretty much instantly.

I've just got on the EC2 beta - it's a very interesting service and
it'll be interesting to see what can be made of it.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz