[Seaside] Commanche image file problem

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Thu Sep 7 18:18:57 UTC 2006

Jason Johnson wrote:

>> I'm trying to serve simple static pages with Commanche but it doesn't
>> seem willing to serve images.  I was planning on doing a seaside
>> application and having my own stylesheets feed the image from the
>> server directly, but if it wont serve jpeg files that will be some
>> what of a setback. :)  It says "incorrect utf8 data detected" or
>> something like that if I browse the file directly in the browser.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Jason
>>

> [snip]

Maybe Kom is returning an error message instead of the file contents.
Try: (HttpService serviceNamed: 'httpd') mode: #debug and then hit your
server from the browser.  Do you get a debugger?  If not, maybe it is a
file encoding problem.  Set a halt in ModFile>>processHttp and see if
anything looks fishy.

David