[Seaside] Commanche image file problem

Jason Johnson jbjohns at libsource.com
Thu Sep 7 18:50:01 UTC 2006

David Shaffer wrote:
> Jason Johnson wrote:

>>> I'm trying to serve simple static pages with Commanche but it doesn't
>>> seem willing to serve images.  I was planning on doing a seaside
>>> application and having my own stylesheets feed the image from the
>>> server directly, but if it wont serve jpeg files that will be some
>>> what of a setback. :)  It says "incorrect utf8 data detected" or
>>> something like that if I browse the file directly in the browser.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Jason
>>>

>> [snip]
>>

> Maybe Kom is returning an error message instead of the file contents.
> Try: (HttpService serviceNamed: 'httpd') mode: #debug and then hit your
> server from the browser.  Do you get a debugger?  If not, maybe it is a
> file encoding problem.  Set a halt in ModFile>>processHttp and see if
> anything looks fishy.
>
> David

Actually I found the problem.  It is in the class ModFile in the
KomHttpServer-Modules group.  It does the following:

HttpResponse current: (HttpResponse
                fromStream: (FileDirectory default readOnlyFileNamed:
fullFilePath)).

But if I do

a := FileDirectory default readOnlyFileNamed: 'C:\location to my jpeg file'.

It evaluates to a MultiByteStream and the first time I do a next on this
stream I get an execption "Invalide UTF8 input detected".

I'm not really sure what to do here.  I didn't see any other modules to
try and use that expected images.