[Seaside] Problem with german characters

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 14:44:59 UTC 2006

> I am working on a site in pier and the pages use german characters
> (öäü).  They show up in
> the pages as "???".  I started looking through the code while waiting to
> get on the pier list and
> I noticed that in pier all the text is input fine.  In fact, the data is
> correct in the stream all the way to
> WARender>>writeOnLoadOn:
> Unfortunately in that function the connection gets reset and hangs my
> image so I can't track it past there in
> the debugger, at least not so far.

Why are you waiting to get on the Pier list? That should happen
immediately, else you probably registered at the wrong place.

Every so often I hear that people are trying to register at
<http://impara.de/mailman/listinfo/smallwiki>, what does not work as
this is just a mirror of the archive. I think it would be good to
disable this form. Who is responsible?

The official mailing-list registration and the archive is reachable at
<https://www.iam.unibe.ch/mailman/listinfo/smallwiki>.

Hope this helps,
Lukas

> Does anyone know the reason for this, or should I keep digging?  I think
> the problem will wind up being in
> seaside somewhere or in the Commanche server code.

Use WAKomEncoded instead of WAKom and see if the problem gets solved

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli