[Seaside] Magma seaside updated

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 18 04:39:32 UTC 2006

The 'Magma seaside' package has been updated in the
www.squeaksource.com/MagmaTester repository, and it contains some useful
new features.

Experimental WAMagmaSharedSession
 - shares one magmaSession over many seaside sessions.

WAMagmaControlPanel
- now a WADispatcherEditor plugin, provides UI for creating, deleting
and initialising repositories. Application specific control panels (e.g.
PRMagmaControlPanel for pier)

ReadStrategies
- admin-user can now select a ReadStrategyClass from /seaside/config
group #magma.
- default read strategy class, builds read strategy via the repository
root object.

For those using Magma with seaside I would be interested to have any
feedback since this is very much a work in progress, and collaboration
is invited wherever possible. I would  like to compare notes with others
that may have done similar work in the past, such as incorporating
ReadStrategies into a Magma Seaside application.

many thanks in advance

Keith