[Seaside] [SummerTalk] Please try my iCalendar

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:55:56 UTC 2006

2006/9/18, Dmitry Dorofeev <dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com>:
> Hi, good to see calendaring for seaside.
>
> But on my Mozilla links on top are not visible, becouse of calendar
> table sitting on top of them :-( Some styles issue.
>
> FYI: I am porting SW2Calendar to latest Pier/Magritte and Seaside 2.6a (in Squeak 3.9)
> So it will be another way to have iCalendar with Seaside/Squeak. May be we can join
> our effort ?

Wow, calendaring on Squeak, you could write a book about it.

Originally it was done for SmallWiki on VW [1] and later ported to
SmallWiki 2 and Squeak [2] [3].
Then iCalendar [4] part was ripped out and made a sepparate package
[5]. It supports many more iCalendar features, for example recurrence
rules. Also vCard support was added. This version is used in DabbleDB
[6] and an internal application at netstyle.ch [7].
The StellDichEin package brings back iCalendar support to SmallWiki 2
now known as Pier [8] [9]. It builds on ICalMagritte [5] and allows
the creation of events and todos but not calendars.
Last but not least is the SummerTalk project of Yann [10] [11] with
also builds on top of the iCalendar package.

Philippe

[1] http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/cs497rej/Calendar+feature+for+SmallWiki
[2] http://www.squeaksource.com/SW2Calendar.html
[3] http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/advanceddesignlabs/calendar/