[Seaside] [SummerTalk] Please try my iCalendar

Jason Johnson jbjohns at libsource.com
Mon Sep 18 19:46:13 UTC 2006

Yes, what a surprise, I was about to ask something like this.

I am moving a band website to Pier myself.  I plan to use a calendar
component to store the concert dates (including at least one reoccurring
concert they do).  I don't need the calender to be actually visable.  I
plan, instead, to have 3 different views on different pages on the
site.  The first view will be the front page: it will show the flyer
(stored as an attachment with the concert entry) for the concert that is
next to be done (this means it will automatically flip to the next one
after the concert is over).  Another view just shows a little text about
the next concert.  And the last is the most complicated.  If the user is
not logged into the site it will show a text/list type display of the
next 5 concerts, but if a member of the band logs in they get a full
blow calender so that they can add dates, reoccurring dates, and flyer
attachments for events (so my auto flip over will work without maintenance).

I was planning to just write it all myself based on Ical (the summer
talk stuff seems a bit to specialized).  But if anyone else is working
on this too I would be glad
to collaborate. :)

I haven't decided if I should just add the actual calendar as a
component and then set the "view" components to point to it (set from
the settings menu), or do something with class variables or maybe pool
variables (don't know what those are for yet, I'm a little new. :) ).
Maybe someone has some ideas, or maybe there is stuff out that will get
me closer faster?

Thanks all,
Jason