[Seaside] Debug Log

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 18:49:38 UTC 2006

> On the seaside hosting site  I see a log file called "Squeak Debug".  How
> does one write messages to this log file?

By opening a debugger within your image ;-)

This is just the standard SqueakDebug.log that gets created whenever
Squeak opens up a debugger. Since this is a normal text file it might
be possible to just write to it as you can write to any other file on
the file-system (untested code, as usual):

stream := FileDirectory default  fileNamed: 'SqueakDebug.log'.
stream setToEnd; nextPutAll: 'foo bar zork'; cr.
stream close

Note that Squeak will recreate the file SqueakDebug.log every time it
open up a debugger (see SystemDictionary>>logError: errMsg inContext:
aContext to: aFilename).

Cheers,
Lukas

--