[Seaside] title attribute

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 17:00:58 UTC 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 10:59 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> Yeah, this is known. Unfortunately it's not the worst part of Seaside.
> Don't even get me started on #url: <-> #src:
> There are some parts in Seaside, that have really low code quality.
>
> Now the 1'000'000$ dollar question: What should we do?
> - kill WAAnghorTag >> #title:
> - push up WAAnghorTag >> #title: and kill WABrushTag >> #tooltip:
> - just push up WAAnghorTag >> #title:

My vote: get rid of #tooltip:.  I think most people who work with
HTML are used to thinking of that as "title".  Then either push
#title: up or make sure it exists in all of the places it makes sense
(I haven't looked at the spec, can you really have it on any tag?).

> Note that removing methods will break some code. Can we forward the
> complain mails to you?

You can forward them to me.  I'm used to breaking backwards
compatibility, and in minor cases like this it's easy for people to
fix their code.  Of course, that's easy for me to say, because I know
I have no senders of #tooltip: to change. :)

Avi