[Seaside] title attribute

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Fri Sep 22 17:11:16 UTC 2006

> On Sep 21, 2006, at 10:59 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, this is known. Unfortunately it's not the worst part
> of Seaside.
> > Don't even get me started on #url: <-> #src:
> > There are some parts in Seaside, that have really low code quality.
> >
> > Now the 1'000'000$ dollar question: What should we do?
> > - kill WAAnghorTag >> #title:
> > - push up WAAnghorTag >> #title: and kill WABrushTag >> #tooltip:
> > - just push up WAAnghorTag >> #title:
>
> My vote: get rid of #tooltip:.  I think most people who work
> with HTML are used to thinking of that as "title".  Then either push
> #title: up or make sure it exists in all of the places it
> makes sense (I haven't looked at the spec, can you really
> have it on any tag?).
>
> > Note that removing methods will break some code. Can we forward the
> > complain mails to you?
>
> You can forward them to me.  I'm used to breaking backwards
> compatibility, and in minor cases like this it's easy for
> people to fix their code.  Of course, that's easy for me to
> say, because I know I have no senders of #tooltip: to change. :)
>
> Avi

HTML 4.01 Specification says title applies to all elements but BASE,
BASEFONT, HEAD, HTML, META, PARAM, SCRIPT, TITLE.  I think I may have been
the one to add #tootip: way back when I first got started with Seaside, and
looking in my image, I have a bunch of senders to it, easy fix.  I think
#title: should be pushed up to tagbrush and #tooltip: removed.