[Seaside] [ANN] SeasideTesting release 1.4 available on SqueakMap and SqueakSource

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Mon Sep 25 23:43:00 UTC 2006

Jason Johnson wrote:
> David Shaffer wrote:
>> (WADispatcher default entryPoints at: 'activeTests') entryPoints copy
>> keysAndValuesDo: [:key :value |
>>     (WADispatcher default entryPoints at: 'activeTests')
>> removeEntryPoint: value]
>>

> What do you need to automate this for?  Do the tests keep on running
> in the background or so?  I'm confused.
SeasideTesting creates an entry point for each test method it runs.  I
have >1000 test methods in my development image so after running them my
image can be quite large.  These entry points are never removed although
their sessions do eventually expire so that memory is eventually freed.
The entry points and sessions need to be retained so that you can view
the test history.  However, once you are done looking through the
histories there is no harm in removing these.  That's what this script
does.  I have a button on my desktop that clears seaside sessions,
clears these entry points, GC's and saves my image.  This makes the
saves smaller and faster to load.  This seems to work fine for me but I
don't really think adding some type of "on save" or "on load" hook to
the image makes sense.

Hope that helps...

David