[Seaside] Tidying up

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 21:29:36 UTC 2006

Steven Elkins wrote:
> Since I've missed you saying you tried 'chase pointers' on some of
> these instances, I'll mention it.  It's available in the Inspector
> yellow button menu.
>
> HTH,
> Steve

Indeed I had tried this many times. I discovered that Magma Proxies were
confusing the PointerFinder, having attempted to fix this by making the
PointerFinder ignore MagmaPRoxies I continued my search and ended up in
WeakRegistry!

One of my components is registered for finalisation, with its executor
being a minimal copy of itself with an inst var pointing to the resource
that needs to be tidied up on finalisation, which doesnt seem to be
happening.

I heard rumours that Squeak finalization was not all that good, is this
likely to be the problem and is there a way to give it a kick?

any ideas?