[Seaside] Re: Tidying up

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Tue Sep 26 22:30:24 UTC 2006

Keith Hodges wrote:
> I heard rumours that Squeak finalization was not all that good, is this
> likely to be the problem and is there a way to give it a kick?
>
> any ideas?

Did you try (note - I don't run Magma):

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/magma/2006-September/000398.html

I run the regular WARegistry>>clearHandlers (which does
work to free up some sessions). I usually let my image grow
by about 10-20MB, then I run the stuff mentioned in the
message referenced above. I'm not sure I'd run that code
in a production environment though. I still need to track
down why the regular clearHandlers doesn't free up the
sessions.