[Seaside] Usage of Canvas' #select and #labels

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Fri Apr 6 20:00:56 UTC 2007

Philippe Marschall wrote:

> html select
>    beOptional
>    list: orgs;
>    on: #orgId of: self;
>     "You can use #name if you implement #value in Symbol
>     You can leave this out of you implement #displayString or
> #renderOn. in your domain class"
>    labels: [:org | org name ];
>    optionalLabel: 'Select One...'.

Hmm.. I saw the "beOptional" but wasn't sure what it did -- is that just
a flag that controls whether or not to use the optionalLabel or does it
do something else as well? I did miss however the #optionalLabel:
method.  I'm not really sure what the #on: is doing -- it looks like an
alternative to #callback -- any comments on why its better?  Is that
because I'm not specifying a #selected call and this one call does both?