[Seaside] Don't load Seaside 2.8 (yet)

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Tue Apr 10 15:43:28 UTC 2007

> To give an update on the status:
>
> - Cleanup of WARoot, WADocument and friends.
> - Tests and much more comments for WACanvas, WABrush and friends.
> - Better and more efficient encoding of URLs and XHTML.
> - Got rid of WAHtmlRenderer and all its former users.
> - Removed unused code.
>
> Still ongoing are the following tasks:
>
> - We are working on major speed optimizations, depending on
> the application Seaside 2.8 is already up to twice as fast as
> earlier versions.
> - I am currently investigation ways to reduce the per session
> memory consumption. No figures available yet.
> - The responsibilities of WARenderer, WARenderLoop,
> WASession, WARenderingContrext are not clear. Especially the
> session contains a lot of request related things, that should
> not be there.
> - New implementation of state backtracking.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas

All this stuff sounds great.  Given that you're a core developer, much of
this stuff would make good post material for your blog.  I'd sure love to
read about your experiences, good and bad, and get more insight into the
thinking behind the changes.  Maybe even invite some of the other core
developers on as guest bloggers to write about their trials and
tribulations.

For any of you core developers who don't already have a blog, you're more
than welcome to be a guest blogger on my blog, onsmalltalk.com.

I can't think of any topic I'd rather be reading about on blogs, than
Seaside.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com