[Seaside] How to get the value of a javascript variable?

Joseph Blatter josephblatter62 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 17:17:40 UTC 2007

Hi list. After some magic inspiration, I guessed the onLoadScripts is the right place to put a javascript function for doing something like <body onLoad="putamala()">.

onLoadScripts
   ^super onLoadScripts asOrderedCollection
                            add: 'putamala()';
                            yourself

and then defined the #script method with this:

^ 'function putamala() {
   if (doYouLikeSmalltalk)
    developer = ("cool");
  else
    if (doYouLikePython)
      developer = ("sucks");
}'

How can I get the value of "developer" variable from Smalltalk?

thanks in advace

Correo Yahoo!