[Seaside] seaside Image running but UI frozen - story to unfreeze UI

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Fri Apr 13 00:03:38 UTC 2007

Situation I'd like to get your input on, and if you've ever seen this
before and possibly the best way to fix it.

Running 3.9 final with Seaside 2.7a and pier-seaside-lr.143. For some
reason the image UI froze - no input from vnc. top showed that the
squeak process wasn't excessive (didn't even see it in top) and from the
browser, everything was working fine. So, I figured that it was
something to do with the interface to the image -- e.g. vnc.

I went to the image and pressed Alt-.  didn't do anything. In the web
browser, I went to /seaside/tools/vnc and noticed that UI Process was
suspended. So I clicked the button, and checking the image, a couple of
windows that I had clicked on before came to the front. But, I still
didn't have access to the image via vnc. I press Alt-. again and, in the
web browser, the UI Process button showed that it was suspended again. I
once again clicked the button to un-suspend it and the interface to the
image was then accessible and all is (seemingly) well.

Ever see this?

--
brad fuller
 http://www.Sonaural.com/