[Seaside] session cookie name

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Thu Apr 19 08:01:51 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 09:18 +0200, Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2007/4/18, Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to use session cookies for my application. But I need
> > to change to name of the cookie. I detected that every time
> > the cookie name is different than the application name I get
> > an endless loop. I had a look at the code but didn't find any
> > which explains this behaviour.
> >
> > Is there a reason for the cookie name being equal to the application
> > name?
>
> Without digging it I would say because you need to have a different
> session for each application.

Yes, but it is the other way round. I try to produce multiple
cookie names per application. One idea is the have a cookie
name combined out of application name and port WAKom is running.
It is to distinguish the instance it is running on.
What makes me wonder is the fact that I get endless redirects
only if the cookie name differs from the application name.

Norbert