[Seaside] Root application problem

John Thornborrow john at pinesoft.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 09:19:31 UTC 2007

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> I've been using the configuration page to update the base-path to '/'
>> yet when I try to view the root, I still get "Error: "/" not found" but
>> at the same time, the links/paths are all updated to reflect the change
>> - such as the control bar when in debug mode, they are all pointing to
>> "http://www.myhost.com/?_k=xxx&_s=yyy"
>
> The settings Resource Base Url, Server Hostname, Server Path (former
> base path), Server Port and Server Protocol does only change the way
> absolute URLs are generated and does not and is not supposed to affect
> the lookup. Usually Apache rewrite rules (or a custom Kom setup) is
> used to achieve that.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas

Ok, thanks for clarification - I took the information from here:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2006-February/006932.html

thanks James, I'll give that a go.

John

www.pinesoft.co.uk

Pinesoft Computers are registered in England, Registered number: 2914825. Registered office: 266-268 High Street, Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7EA