[Seaside] Cant custom different styles for input tags

John Thornborrow john at pinesoft.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 13:35:17 UTC 2007

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> How is supoused to custom the view of tags that had harcoded the css
>> classname? Manipulate text is just too much for a case like this. If
>> I set
>> the css "text" class to be like one wants it compromises all the text
>> inputs
>> and one can't customize different styles in the same application
>> (except if
>> one manipulate dinamically the styles library).
>
> This is a feature to ensure that different input tag types can be
> styled without having to use [type="text"] CSS selectors that are not
> supported by IE.
>
>>     I'm not sure yet but, after a quick look, I think that there is
>> functionality envolved with those harcoded css classes.
>
> Not by default, but it is there to please your CSS designer that wants
> to make the site work in IE.
>
>> any pointer?
>
> You can have an arbitrary number of classes per tag (just send #class:
> multiple times), so I don't see the issue here.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas

As Lukas says, here is a working example from one of my apps:

renderFormOn: html
    html form with: [
        html label for: 'from'; with: [
            html text: 'Enter your name & email address:'].
        html input type: 'text'; class: 'enquiry'; name: 'from';
callback: [:x | self nameAndEmail: x].
        html submitButton class: 'enquiry'; id: 'submit'; callback:
[self formComplete]]

N.B. #renderFormOn: is called within #renderContentOn:

HTH,
John.

www.pinesoft.co.uk

Pinesoft Computers are registered in England, Registered number: 2914825. Registered office: 266-268 High Street, Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7EA