[Seaside] Re: Finding the parent component of a rendered component

Luke technodolt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:05:57 UTC 2007

Ok, maybe someone can help me figure out the logic I want here better than what
I have figured out.

I'm making a blog system.  I have the main application component as BlogView,
and each post is rendered as a subcomponent BlogPostView.  Right now, I'm
passing the BlogView object into each BlogPostView object so that if a
BlogPostView's remove anchor is clicked, it verifies what they want to do, then
removes it from the collection I'm using to store the posts, and tells the
parent to re-generate it's list of children.

What I want is a way to remove the need for the BlogPostView to have to know
that a parent object even exists.  I want the BlogView to be able to generate a
new set of children each time it is displayed, but if I do that right now, then
any callbacks the children do are screwed up.  How do I get this parent view to
generate a new list each time it is displayed, but not keep the callbacks in the
children from working?