[Seaside] (no subject)

Sau Sheong Chang cssheong at pacific.net.sg
Wed Apr 25 04:01:56 UTC 2007

Hi

I was playing around with the Magritte exercises and was going
through the Magritte solutions. I was trying to use Magritte Reports
and I hit some problems in Exercise 14 (adding a column to the
report). I didn't exactly follow the exercises as I instantiated the
report object on first call instead of doing it on initialization.
This is my code:

UserComponent>>report
	^ report
		ifNil: [report := MAReport
						rows: self class users
								select: [:each | #(#userName #firstName #lastName ) includes:
each accessor selector]).
			report addColumn: (MACommandColumn new addCommandOn: self
selector: #view:;
					 yourself)]

However I get this error:

MessageNotUnderstood: MACommandColumn>>decorationChainDo:

     * MACommandColumn(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #decorationChainDo:

           self	a MACommandColumn
           temps
           aMessage	decorationChainDo: [] in UserComponent
(WAPresenter)>>withNextPresentersDo: {[:ea | ea withNextPresen...etc...
           inst vars
           report	a MAReport
           properties	a Dictionary()
           commands	an OrderedCollection(MessageSend(#view: -> an
UserComponent)->'View')

     * [] in UserComponent(WAComponent)>>nextPresentersDo: {[:ea | ea
decorationChainDo: aBlock]}

           self	an UserComponent
           temps
           aBlock	[] in UserComponent(WAPresenter)
 >>withNextPresentersDo: {[:ea | ea withNextPresentersDo: aBlock]}
           ea	a MACommandColumn
           inst vars
           decoration	a WAStateHolder(a WAAnswerHandler)
           report	a MAReport

     * [] in UserComponent(WAComponent)>>childrenDo: {[:ea | ea
ifNotNil: [aBlock value: ea]]}

           self	an UserComponent
           temps
           aBlock	[] in UserComponent(WAComponent)>>nextPresentersDo:
{[:ea | ea decorationChainDo: aBlock]}
           ea	a MACommandColumn
           inst vars
           decoration	a WAStateHolder(a WAAnswerHandler)
           report	a MAReport

     * OrderedCollection>>do:

           self	an OrderedCollection(a MACommandColumn)
           temps
           aBlock	[] in UserComponent(WAComponent)>>childrenDo: {[:ea
| ea ifNotNil: [aBlock value: ea]]}
           index	3
           inst vars
           array	an Array(nil nil a MACommandColumn nil nil nil nil
nil nil nil)
           firstIndex	3
           lastIndex	3

     * UserComponent(WAComponent)>>childrenDo:

           self	an UserComponent
           temps
           aBlock	[] in UserComponent(WAComponent)>>nextPresentersDo:
{[:ea | ea decorationChainDo: aBlock]}
           ea	a MACommandColumn
           inst vars
           decoration	a WAStateHolder(a WAAnswerHandler)
           report	a MAReport

Any help please? Thanks!

Sau Sheong

http://blog.saush.com - brain dump