[Seaside] tibco gi + seaside a good match?

Bakki Kudva bakki.kudva at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 20:24:27 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've been looking at the tibco general interface
(http://tibco.com/software/rich_internet_application/general_interface/default.jsp)
and am quite impressed with this javascript client side framework. I
like the fact that
#1 it can significantly reduce network traffic since only data needs
to be sent over the network
#2 client side computations can reduce server load
#3 very rich gui (intelligent) widgets
#4 quick UI design using IDE written in GI itself
#5 now opensourced to BSD style license

This means that the server side has to only handle web services(wsdl)
or xml transfers.

Does this mean there IS or ISN"T an impedance match betweem Tibco GI
and Seaside?

How well can Seaside handle RESTful programming?

Finally can Seaside do pretty much what TibcoGI offers (using Ajax) by
itself, at least from a GUI view point, that pairing these
technologies does not make sense.

Thank  you,

bakki