[Seaside] How to implement the classical email confirmation with seaside

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 12:55:48 UTC 2007

>     I'm wonder how one can implement with Seaside the classical feature in
> which a user fills an online form and the system sends an email confirmation
> to the user with a link that when clicked the system can store it as a valid
> user with a valid email.

See WAEmailConfirmation in Seaside, that does exactly that.

You can also have a look at SqueakSource. It uses the same principle
for lost passwords.

On seasidehosting.st we use something like:

nextPage
	Continuation currentDo: [ :cc |
		self
			mailUrl: (self session actionUrlForContinuation: cc)
			for: self account.
		^ self inform: 'Check your e-mail.' ].
	self account activate.
	self inform: 'Account activated'