[Seaside] Question about WASelectTag class hierarchy...

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 08:31:13 UTC 2007

> Or, is this just a case of some missing method(s) in either
> WACollectionTag (parent of WASelectTag) or WASelectTag that should be
> implementing #tabindex:?

The problem with many attributes is that we can either put them into
many specific tags or into the superclass of all tags. Either-way
there are some drawbacks. If we put these attributes into many
specific tags we have code duplication, if we put them into the
superclass we provide an attribute that might not be available to all
tags.

The answer are Traits of course, that fit very well the XHTML
attribute modules. Since the development of Seaside is going on in 3.9
I wonder if it would make sense to take advantage of that? If only
Monticello would transparently load a flattened view into older
images, I would certainly vote for going this way ...

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch