[Seaside] Question about WASelectTag class hierarchy...

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Sat Apr 28 14:38:56 UTC 2007

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 1:31 am, Lukas Renggli wrote:
> The answer are Traits of course, that fit very well the XHTML
> attribute modules. Since the development of Seaside is going on in 3.9
> I wonder if it would make sense to take advantage of that?

Given that there are active ports to VW, Dolphin and GemStone, as well
as many users on pre-3.9 Squeak, I'd strongly prefer that we stay away
from Traits in Seaside.  I understand that they can be flattened, but it
might still lead us to make design decisions that favor Squeak 3.9 at
the expense of other dialects, which I wouldn't want (and if it doesn't
lead to such decisions, what good is it anyway?)

Avi