[Seaside] Logging out from a webpage

Patrick Collison patrick at collison.ie
Wed Aug 1 03:31:12 UTC 2007

On 01/08/07, Richard Eng <richard.eng at rogers.com> wrote:
> So it's not enough to merely expire your pages, you have to HIDE them...

Well, this is really orthogonal to session expiry. Expiring the
session prevents the session being _used_ again, but doesn't do
anything about data that's still on the client (like a cached version
of the page).

Seaside tries to avoid this issue by sending a no-cache header with
every page, but getting browsers to actually respect this in every
case is basically impossible.