[Seaside] WAFileLibrary / Resource Path

Ken Treis ken at miriamtech.com
Thu Aug 2 19:21:20 UTC 2007

I'm using Amazon S3 to host my static content, which is easy enough
to do using methods like WAImageTag>>resourceUrl:. But the content of
the various file libraries is static too, so it seems like it'd make
sense to host it on S3 as well.

The problem I'm having is that the URLs of file library content isn't
relative to the resource base -- so it always looks for /seaside/
files/SULibrary/effects.js, where I'd really prefer something like:

	http://mybucket.amazonaws.com/SULibrary/effects.js

or

	http://s3.amazonaws.com/myBucket/SULibary/effects.js

What would be the best way to refactor the code to accomplish this?
If nobody's interested in this sort of feature, then I guess I can
hack it however I want. But if other people are interested, I'd like
to know how to make it as useful as possible.

It seems like this behavior should be configurable. Should I just
make it use the resource base URL, or keep a separate base URL for
files?

--
Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.