[Seaside] WAFileLibrary / Resource Path

Patrick Collison patrick at collison.ie
Thu Aug 2 20:46:15 UTC 2007

On 02/08/07, Ken Treis <ken at miriamtech.com> wrote:
> I'm using Amazon S3 to host my static content, which is easy enough
> to do using methods like WAImageTag>>resourceUrl:. But the content of
> the various file libraries is static too, so it seems like it'd make
> sense to host it on S3 as well.
>
> The problem I'm having is that the URLs of file library content isn't
> relative to the resource base -- so it always looks for /seaside/
> files/SULibrary/effects.js, where I'd really prefer something like:
>
>         http://mybucket.amazonaws.com/SULibrary/effects.js
>
> or
>
>         http://s3.amazonaws.com/myBucket/SULibary/effects.js
>
> What would be the best way to refactor the code to accomplish this?
> If nobody's interested in this sort of feature, then I guess I can
> hack it however I want. But if other people are interested, I'd like
> to know how to make it as useful as possible.
>
> It seems like this behavior should be configurable. Should I just
> make it use the resource base URL, or keep a separate base URL for
> files?

Libraries are designed to be served from Seaside, and those SULibrary
files are just the standard Scriptaculous distribution that comes
bundled with Seaside. If you don't want Seaside to serve them, you
should remove SULibrary from the app's libraries, grab the
Scriptaculous files from the Scriptaculous site, and use #updateRoot:
to link to them on S3.