[Seaside] WAFileLibrary / Resource Path

Ken Treis ken at miriamtech.com
Thu Aug 2 22:05:59 UTC 2007

On Aug 2, 2007, at 1:46 PM, Patrick Collison wrote:

> Libraries are designed to be served from Seaside,

Sure, and it works great that way for development. They keep my small
static assets in the same version-controlled bundle with my code. But
when it comes time to deploy, I'd like to be able to squirt them up
to S3, flip a switch, and have them served from there instead.

> and those SULibrary
> files are just the standard Scriptaculous distribution that comes
> bundled with Seaside.

I thought so too until I looked at them. The treePatch.js file isn't
standard as far as I can tell. I haven't compared the other files to
the distribution, but that's the point. I don't want to compare them.
I want to push them up once at deployment and know that they're
identical to the files I've been testing with.

Even if I use updateRoot: on my component to do this for
Scriptaculous, I would still need a solution for WAStandardFiles. I
think I will add a setter for WAApplication>>libraries: so that I can
force them to an empty collection. Then I will use my app's
#updateRoot: to set them to resource URLs.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

--
Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.