[Seaside] Detecting when mouse goes out of a div (I mean really out)

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Sat Aug 4 00:26:02 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

    I imagine that you also found awsome the DOM "feature" that client
agents decided to implement in which you receiver #mouseout events even when
the mouse goes more deep *inside* that div (sub elements).

    I was able to implement some js wrappers to manage that but I'm not
*that* satisfied with the results (mainly because js VMs being so slow
todays and having such *pieces* of garbage collectors among other wonders).

    So I wnated to ask how other seasiders have managed to detect the case
in which the pointer in fact goes out an element's surface. One typical
application for this is making a menu to collapse when pointer get out it's
surface (and no submenu open). Did you managed a case like this?

    cheers,

Sebastian Sastre