[Seaside] Screen Flashing

Richard Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Tue Aug 7 16:30:39 UTC 2007

I've discovered the problem. It has nothing to do with the app. It's the
fault of Apache!!!

Apparently, reverse proxying using the following httpd.conf is responsible
for the screen flashing:

LoadModule  proxy_module  /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule  proxy_http_module  /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_http.so
LoadModule  rewrite_module  /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_rewrite.so

NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
RewriteEngine     on
ProxyRequests     off
DocumentRoot      /var/www
ProxyPass  /goodsexnetwork  http://localhost:9090/seaside/goodsexnetwork
ProxyPassReverse /goodsexnetwork http://localhost:9090/seaside/goodsexnetwor
ProxyPass         /goodsexspace   http://localhost:9090/seaside/goodsexspace
ProxyPassReverse  /goodsexspace   http://localhost:9090/seaside/goodsexspace
RewriteRule   ^/$   http://localhost:9090/seaside/goodsexnetwork/$1 [P,L]
</VirtualHost>

To prove that it's the reverse proxying that's the culprit, simply visit the
URL to which www.goodsexnetwork.com has been forwarded:

http://74.102.141.248/goodsexnetwork/

So I know WHO's at fault, but I still don't know WHY.

Richard