[Seaside] WAComponent and HTML Emails?

Boris Popov boris at deepcovelabs.com
Thu Aug 9 18:48:36 UTC 2007

I've rendered components to feed our PDF generator, sounds like it would
be similar to just get the HTML back. You'll need to add a bit of
context yourself, as this is ripped straight out of the system, see last
line there in #renderPDF that would be the string you need.

Component>>asPDF: contact
  ^WACurrentSession
    use: (self createPDFSession: contact)
    during: [self renderPDF].

Component>>createPDFSession: contact
 ^(PDFSession new)
	setParent: MyAppRoot application;
	attachContact: contact;
	yourself.

Component>>renderPDF
 | handler response |
 handler := WARenderHandler root: (PDFRoot for: self).
 response := WAResponse new.
 handler
	context:
		((WARenderingContext new)