[Seaside] Google Adsense

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 04:52:39 UTC 2007

2007/8/10, Ching de la Serna <ching.dls at gmail.com>:
> Thanks Ramon,
>
> I got this from one of the Google Tech Guys:
>
>  After reviewing http://chings-world.com/, I noticed the site was created
>  using XHTML. Unfortunately, our code is not currently XHTML compatible.
>  However, you may find helpful tips on how to fix this by visiting
>  http://keystonewebsites.com/articles/adsense.php . You can
> also find
>  additional advice on making the code XHTML compatible by searching Google
>  for "AdSense XHTML."
>
> Any thoughts on this matter?

The article is pretty straight. The problem is that document.write()
doesn't work in XML mode (Google's fault here). Fortunately most
people use HTML mode for XHTML because browser support is crap.  The
soultion is simple: serve as 'text/html' (which is the default) and
not as 'application/xhtml+xml'.

Cheeers
Philippe