[Seaside] Glorp-Seaside-callback not Working

Rajeev Lochan lochan94 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 15:52:05 UTC 2007

Dear Seasiders,
I followed Ramon's Blog of porting seaside to postgreSQL using Glorp.
I have now created 2 components. In one, you can enter the details of the
form (which are in the form of textInput and textArea) and are registered
upon submitting a button. This part works well.

Now, in the second component, I want to edit(update) the entries I have
created earlier. I use textInput and textArea again for this, and when I
edit and submit using a button (register the model) , the update doesnt seem
to work.

I have observed one thing here, the update doesnt seem to work in textInput
value: callback:

A snippet is code is here.(which doesnt update the title)

self session
        commit: [temp := self session
                        readOneOf: BlogPost
                        where: [:each | each title = '1'].
                       html textInput value: temp title;
                        callback: [:value | temp title: value].
                         self session register: temp]

A snippet which uses simple setter technique and is updated.

self session
        commit: [temp := self session
                        readOneOf: BlogPost
                        where: [:each | each title = '1'].