[Seaside] Squeak and Ubuntu

Richard Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Mon Aug 13 16:08:16 UTC 2007

Sorry for posting this here but I¹m getting nowhere at the Squeak Newbie
mailing list...

I'm trying to install Squeak 3.9 VM on Ubuntu Linux 7.04 Feisty Fawn. I have
a fresh install of Ubuntu. I download

Squeak-3.9-8.i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz

...from Squeak.org and I try to install it. It keeps complaining:

No binaries/libraries found for i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1.

No one else on the mailing list seems to have ever encountered this error
message.

It was suggested that I try building the VM from sources but the gcc keeps
complaining that it can't create executables! I don't want to have to debug
my C dev environment.

This is ridiculous. Everything is fighting against me.

I've reinstalled Feisty Fawn again and again and again trying to isolate the
problem but no luck. I'm ready to put a 12-gauge to my mouth.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Richard