[Seaside] WAFileLibrary / Resource Path

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 05:32:30 UTC 2007

2007/8/14, Sebastian Sastre <ssastre at seaswork.com>:
> Hi Ken,
>
>         maybe is too KISS but I've made this a couple of hours ago because I
> didn't want to manage files manually too much. So with this an image is able
> to write in disk all the libraries that a seaside app uses writed in a
> consistent shape under your image dir.
>
>         I'll use rewrite rules in apache so copying that file directory path
> should be enough I think. Maybe you find a way to copy that to S3 and make
> your apps work in deployment/development by making behave differently in
> #updateRoot: ? Could be "the switch" you asked for?
>
>         Be warned: I'm testing it just now myself so.. no guarantees ;)

I added it to Seaside2.8a1-pmm.435 with the usual
SeasidePlatformsupportfication (two more methods :(, where is this
gonna end?). I didn't add #refreshResources. The main problem here is
that people might use it to deploy resources. This kinda sounds like a
joke but WAFileLibrary is not suited for this. Problem is that it
hideously bloats the source size for binary files. An other is that
serving big files over Seaside is not recommended and we can't tell
you where the limit is to the size of files Seaside can serve.
Deployment of resources is an issue that needs to be solved at the
Smalltalk or version control level.

Cheers
Philippe