[Seaside] getting results back

Maarten Mostert maarten.mostert at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 14 13:01:15 UTC 2007

Well this certainly gives me a result I can use

Lukas Renggli a écrit :
>>      language isNil
>>          ifTrue:
>>              [language := '??'.
>>              html
>>                  script: 'if (navigator.appName == "Netscape")
>>                          var language = navigator.language;
>>                  else
>>                           var language = navigator.browserLanguage;
>>                  window.location.href="'
>>                          , html context actionUrl asString , '&'
>>                          , (html callbacks registerCallback: [:v | language
>> := v]) , '=" + language'].
>>      html render: language.
>>

> You already have it in an instance-variable called 'language'. Instead
> of rendering it on the screen you can do something else.

I inspected the returned object in many ways but no way to get acces to
something indicating the language their must be a stupid thing I am
missing here.
> Note that the language information is also present in the request
> header. So instead of using JavaScript I would do something more
> compilant and easy:
>
> language := self session currentRequest headers
> 	at: 'accept-language'
> 	ifAbsent: [
> 		self session currentRequest headers
> 			at: 'lang' ifAbsent: [] ]
>
> Lukas

Well this ceratinly gives me an easy to use result in my case:
'fr,fr-fr;q=0.8,en-us;q=0.5,en;q=0.3'

However if I do this in my English Opera Browser it still gives french
allthough the javascript gives English ?

Oké I haven't changed the OS language.

Rgrds,
@+Maarten,