[Seaside] Non-redirecting URLs

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 21:35:10 UTC 2007

> As far as I understand it, Seaside uses a _n parameter to indicate
> that a particular callback shouldn't trigger a redirect.

Exactly. I don't know any software project that uses it, except for Pier.

> reason for explicitly exposing this in the URL, as opposed to
> encapsulating the should-trigger-redirect state within
> WAValueCallback, where the callback itself is stored?

This is certainly an interesting idea. It would probably be a bit
trickier to determine whether to perform the redirect or not, but
certainly possible. I don't see an reason not to be able to
encapsulate this in the WAActionCallback. Maybe Avi can confirm this?
I guess Avi implemented this feature a long time ago.

Do you have a specific reason you want to get rid of this parameter,
except for aesthetic ones?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli