[Seaside] Uploading large files

Chad Nantais cnantais at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 15:54:03 UTC 2007

Thanks, Colin.  Here's what I did, and the result.

In a fresh sq3.9-7067web07.08.1.image...
1. Tried to file in streaming.1.cs, but first had to:
	a. file in FastSocketStream-gk.3.cs
	b. create class WATempFile
2. Created a simple file upload component.
3  Received this error after submitting the file upload form:
[Internal Server Error
MessageNotUnderstood: UnixFileDirectory>>forceNewFileNamed:do:
Comanche/6.2 (Mac OS) Server at 'localhost' Port 8080]

Chad

On 8/14/07, Colin Putney <cputney at wiresong.ca> wrote:

> On Aug 14, 2007, at 8:36 AM, Chad Nantais wrote:
>
> > Janko,
> >
> > Do you know if this would require a major effort (making Swazoo 2.0
> > work on Squeak Seaside) or a small one?
> >
> > Or does anyone know if there's a way I can hack Kom to make it handle
> > large uploads through input streaming?  Unfortunately, this is one of
> > those instances where I may need to use something other than Seaside
> > :cringe: if I can't get it working.
>
> I've done just such a hack. I *think* the attached change set has
> everything you need. If not let me know.
>
> Colin

Chad Nantais

http://myspace.com/chadnantais