[Seaside] Seaside vs Streaming

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 05:21:25 UTC 2007

> But if the session made a pass over the component tree for each
> phase, these problems could be easily overcome. Redirects or 401
> status codes could be set in the headers pass instead of during
> rendering, and so no big structural changes would be needed.

This is an interesting optimization anyway, streaming server yes or no.

> I'm assuming here that there is some desire to have Seaside do
> streaming, or why would we have the discussion? If we don't make the
> necessary changes for all Seaside features to work with streaming
> all. If it's reserved for a special optimization case, then it will
> never get used anyway.

WAListener is a streaming server already, so we can easily test and
change certain things to make it work better with the different parts
of Seaside. Later on if all implications are well understood and if
there are workarounds, we can easily change the default server ...

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch