[Seaside] WAComponent>>#call:/#answer: usage question

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:56:40 UTC 2007

> 1.) If using a WATask, I must be able to simultaneously #call: twice.

That doesn't really make sense, because #call: replaces an entire
component with a new one.

In case you really want to change two components at once you can use
#show: that does not block (check out the comments of the methods
#call: and #show:).

> 2.) The WATask must be able to render the Heading and Anchor.

WATask does not render anything (check out the class comment). It just
delegates the rendering to a sequenze of other components.

> 3.) If I make a separate component for the heading and anchor, then
> #render: those components, it must be able to #answer: for it's parent
> component.

It looks like you need to compose your components, not to #call: them.
#call: is only useful if you expect to get back a result (read the
class comment of WAComponent).

HTH,
Lukas

--