[Seaside] Starting a site

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Aug 21 21:12:15 UTC 2007

Hi Andrés,

Andres Fortier wrote:
> Hi list,
>         First of all I must say that my knowledge in networks is very
> limited, so maybe this is well-known in the community.
>
> I've finally finished my simple site, put it in the server and tested it
> via http://localhost:8001/...
>
> Now, the strange thing is that if I try to access it by using the server
> ip (http://xxx.yyy.zzz.www:8001/...) it doesn't work. I've been told by
> the guys in tech suport that the server was only hearing in the
> localhost interface and that I should set it up to listen in all the
> other interfaces. Any ideas how to solve this? I'm using Seaside with
> Swazoo on VW.

Try to do something like this:

1. SwazooServer stop.
2. Inspect SwazooServer singleton sites and in your site inspect
    uriPattern.
3. set host:ip:port: combination accordingly. For instance:
	host: 'www.mysite.com'
	ip: 'xxx.yyy.zzz.www'
	port: 8001
4. if necessary put in hosts file on your computer:
	xxx.yyy.zzz.www  www.mysite.com

I hope that helps

Best regards
Janko