[Seaside] Starting a site

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Aug 22 14:23:07 UTC 2007

Hi Andrés,

Andres Fortier wrote:
> thanks Janko, it works like a charm. Now, have a doubt: if I try
> accessing the site in the old way (http://localhost:8001/...) it doesn't
> work anymore; is there a way to configure the site (or the server) to
> listen to both the ip and localhost?

Yes, you can add one or more aliasese to the Swazoo Site. And not only
hostname aliases but a whole host:ip:port combination. And that's what
you need to do in your case:

  1. SwazooServer stop
  2. inspect your Site
  3. yourSite addAlias:
	(SiteIdentifier host:'localhost' ip:'127.0.0.1' port: 8001)
  4. SwazooServer start

If you inspect now a SwazooServer singleton servers, you'll now see two
HTTPServers serving on two ip:port combinations but for the same Site!

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek