[Seaside] YSlow design principle N 1 and Seaside Libraries

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Thu Aug 23 01:01:16 UTC 2007

Hi there,

    is somebody thinking about the design principle of "make fewer http
requests" of YSlow to improve Seaside apps?

    I see that with the FileLibraries we have a very good factorization of
css but the system works better if all the css goes in one file (that may
travel better gziped). We can make this at deploy files time. We can make
use of this feature "write to disk" not to write every selector as a
separated css file but in a fashion more appropiated for production. This
should be one css file with all the styles. Concatenating CSS selectors
answers we can archieve this.

    I think that we will make that point qualified from F to A in one shot.
What do you think?

Sebastian Sastre