[Seaside] Using updater without triggering action callback?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 21:25:34 UTC 2007

> Simply because search criteria form includes a number of fields and
> submitting half of it would do no good for actually executing a search
> with only half the query parameters set later on. Or say you only have a
> single select list + button on a form, and you'd like it to have default
> action. This is a bug IMHO, not a feature.

The easiest solution for your problem would be to write in your
default action block something like:

     self session currentRequest isXmlHttpRequest
          ifFalse: [ " default action code " ]

I am not really sure if we want this as a default. There are several
problem serializing hidden-fields, buttons and some of the "composed
form elements" like checkboxes and multi-select lists (some of these
problems have been fixed in 2.8).

Maybe you could also trigger in your drop-down just the relevant form
elements using a cascade of #triggerFormElement:. Note this also works
for multiple forms, etc.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli