[Seaside] Starting a site

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Aug 23 21:31:47 UTC 2007

Hi Boris,

Sorry for a bit late answer, I was fully occupied with recent work on my
web framework.

Boris Popov wrote:
> I was thinking that Swazoo lookup just treat it as a match if no other more
> specific virtual sites were found? I don't know much about virtual sites,
> and really don't want to know in the context of our Seaside application,
> I simply want to listen on all local interfaces and pass the requests down
> to Seaside without hacking it too much. Mind you, I'd need the change in 1.0...

It is not so simple. If you put '*' in ip part that means only that your
  HTTPServer will listen on all ports, but you need to add '*' to a host
part of SiteIdentifier too, so that the HTTPServer will resolve whatever
broswer sends in a Host: header. If you do that, than you must be sure
that there is ony one Site and that you cannot add any more Site
anymore. So, it is doable but in current Swazoo architecture it must be
done carefully. Just putting a '*' there and there is not enough.

On the other side I just don't understand why you can't solve your
problem more cleanly with aliases, as I shown to Andrés? Start Swazoo on
localhost, then add alias to any ip on your machine you want.

Best regards
JAnko

Best regards
Janko