[Seaside] Using updater without triggering action callback?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 05:39:36 UTC 2007

> That was my first reaction as well and I did try to suppressing the
> callback from the inside, however it's really the render notification
> signal that immediately follows that will screw things up even if I
> don't actually do anything in the callback itself as demonstrated by my
> later suggestion of adding an empty callback to SUFormTest to be able to
> see the mayhem. It seems there should be a general solution to this and
> the more I think about it the more I lean towards trying to suppress
> execution of that single callback altogether to see if that fixes the
> problem but I can't think of a clean way of tagging it as such quite
> yet.

I am sorry, I was probably reading your mail not careful enough ...

Fact is that I changed the way and order in which callbacks are
evaluated a few weeks ago after that discussion about the handing of
submit buttons and AJAX form serialization. It seems that these fixes
also solve your problem and does not even require a test for
#isXmlHttpRequest. So I suggest that you update to the latest version
of Seaside 2.8 and Scriptaculous.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli